Dear Vaughn Water Company customer,
On October 19, 2021, Governor Newsom announced the expansion of the Drought Emergency for all of California. As drought conditions continue to worsen in 39 counties within California, we are requesting Vaughn Water customers reduce water use both outdoors and in our homes.
Although we are not currently implementing water budgets, we are encouraging Vaughn Water customers to reduce their overall water usage by 20%. We are also requesting everyone limit landscape irrigation to no more than 3 times per week as follows:
- Customers with ODD numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Customers with EVEN numbered addresses may water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Avoid watering your landscape on Monday.
- Adjust your landscape watering so as not to cause excess runoff over sidewalks or on to streets and roads.
- Do not water your landscape when it is raining or within 48 hours after measurable precipitation.
Please check your sprinkler system, outdoor hose bibs, and swimming pool fill valves periodically for proper operation. It is very important that any plumbing leaks or broken sprinklers be repaired in a timely manner. As the Statewide drought continues to strain water supplies, it is especially important for our customers to do their part to conserve water and protect our local groundwater source.
Vaughn Water Company
10014 Glenn Street
Bakersfield, CA 93312